FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects garbage matte in conflict with Primatte Keyer (?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Sarkisian
After Effects garbage matte in conflict with Primatte Keyer (?)
on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:12:32 pm

Hi, I'm running the latest Primatte plugin demo via After Effects CC17, in order to assess whether or not to purchase the keyer. When applying a garbage mask around the perimeter of my composition, there is some sort of conflict with the plugin. When closing the mask path around my subject, half the layer gets wiped out. It appears the layer splits vertically up the middle and doubles over on itself. Attached are two images: #1 shows the unkeyed composition before the mask is applied. #2 shows the composition with the mask applied and the right half of the image wiped out (notice how the ring of stones has moved up and to the right, and the blue plants on the right have disappeared - also note that my BG color is green, which is a little cofusing.) When the Primatte effect is turned off, the mask functions properly., while turning on the effect causes the image to shift and disappear again.

I sent a request for help to Red Giant, but they haven't responded. Thanks, Peter

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects garbage matte in conflict with Primatte Keyer (?)
on Jul 25, 2017 at 8:15:01 pm

Keylight doesn't do the trick for you?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Peter Sarkisian
on Jul 25, 2017 at 9:43:41 pm

Thanks for the response Dave. I love Keylight, but in this particular instance it's producing a lot of edge jitter in the finer details, so I thought I give primatte a try and see if it's better suited for this project. However, if this issue with garbage masks persists, I won't be purchasing it. I though maybe somebody might have some experiences with this issue. Thanks, Peter

Return to posts index

Remus Hosu
on Jul 26, 2017 at 11:37:02 am

Hi Peter,

Did you try with Keylight but instead of setting it to final result, set it to Intermediate result. It's much much better. Also, if you click on the color pallete, hold down ctrl key and move the cursor around a bit, you can fine tune it, until you get rid of the semi transparent areas. Here's a short tut that you might like:

https://bluefx.net/advanced-green-screen-editing-in-after-effects/

Cheers

http://bluefx.net

Return to posts index

Peter Sarkisian
on Jul 27, 2017 at 7:33:28 pm

Thank you both for the input! I'll give that a try when I get back into the studio. Will let you know. p

Return to posts index

Peter Sarkisian
on Jul 28, 2017 at 3:09:24 pm

Well ok! That is indeed a great tutorial on how to simplify the Keylight process and clean up a lot of edge jitters. I was able to achieve a much better key using the 'Intermediate Result.'

Thanks again for the help with this issue. I'll also post the results of Red Giant's findings concerning the mask issue I was having with Primatte.

Best, Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]