FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Render Engine across multiple computers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcio Souza
After Effects Render Engine across multiple computers
on Jul 24, 2017 at 7:04:34 am

Hi everyone,

I want to build a render farm for After Effects using multiple computer, my plan is to have 8 computers for my render farm since AE does not support multithread, and render TIFF sequences out of those.

I was wondering if there is a way to make this process somehow "smart" by rendering more than one project at the same time when required, for example.

-An animator save a project in the watch folder and it will take 5 hours to render across all 8 computers (project 1), an hour later another animator exports a quick sequence that would take 20 minutes (project 2). I don't want do set a specific number of machines to render from before start rendering because I never know when a new render is coming to the queue. What I want AE to do is render project 1 using 4 computers and the project 2 using the remaining 4 once the second project is added. Prior to that all computer would be rendering project 1 and after project 2 is completed all 8 computers would go back to rendering project 1.

Hope I'm clear and all makes sense.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects Render Engine across multiple computers
on Jul 24, 2017 at 1:38:55 pm

Ae's built-in watch folder network render is pretty naive. For more control, you should look into a third-party render controller, like Thinkbox Software's Deadline or Pixar's Tractor.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]