FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can i opacity multi line text from right to left like this example ?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bedo Nada
How can i opacity multi line text from right to left like this example ?!
on Jul 22, 2017 at 12:11:39 pm

When i try opacity multi line text it start from left to right.. How can i make it from right to left like this example ?!

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Ocean Byrne
Re: How can i opacity multi line text from right to left like this example ?!
on Jul 22, 2017 at 5:01:38 pm

Hmmm, well you can certainly play with the text animate settings, and then run the offset backwards to reveal from right to left, but you will probably have to break each line into it's own text layer, otherwise the reverse reveal would go from bottom to top as well as right to left. Or you might be better off doing a reverse reveal all on one text layer to keep consistant timing, and then precomp it and mask each line and adjust their timing to reveal from top to bottom...

Maybe you could change your AE preferences so your default language is Arabic and it would work differently? Don't know.

Return to posts index

Bedo Nada
on Jul 23, 2017 at 1:05:01 pm

Unfortunately, It didn't work

Return to posts index

Bedo Nada
on Jul 23, 2017 at 2:39:11 pm

Any other ideas, please ?

Return to posts index

Ocean Byrne
on Jul 23, 2017 at 6:11:31 pm

You're saying changing the language didn't help? I guess that doesn't surprise me.

To get text to reveal from right to left, Open the text layer properties, click Animate>Opacity, and set the newly created Opacity to 0. Then set the Range Selector Start to 100%, End to 0%, and Offset to 0% and keyframe the Offset. Then go later in time and set the Offset to -100%. Once you have the horizontal timing how you like, pre-compose that layer and create duplicates where you mask each line to be by itself on a layer, and then adjust the timing of each line layer to go from top to bottom instead of bottom to top.

Alt+PageDown/Up are very useful hotkeys for adjusting the timing of whatever layers you have selected, and of course Alt+Shift+PageDown/Up will shift the start by 10 frames instead of 1. Alt+Left/Right arrow do the same thing for selected keyframes, which is also very handy...

I'm not saying there isn't a better way to do what you want (maybe smack your computer with a Quran?) but this will get 'er done...

Return to posts index

Bedo Nada
on Jul 23, 2017 at 6:59:31 pm

it works, thank you very much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]