FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Star Mask Not Looking Right

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Olmsted
After Effects Star Mask Not Looking Right
on Jul 21, 2017 at 7:58:19 pm

Hello all,

I am working in a project that requires a lot of star masks... some for Element 3D Custom Masks and some for other graphic elements. While working in the project, as happens on a frustrating number of occasions, I accidentally created a star shape rather than a mask. I quickly deleted it and highlighted my layer and made the mask. It does not look right.

I know how to fix this if this were a shape layer... I would simply adjust the inner radius. How do I fix this or change this when making a mask shape on a layer? (I think) I know all of the various adjustments one can make while making a mask shape - holding command, holding shift, rolling the mouse wheel, arrow left/right - to change it's appearance or parameters, but I can't figure out how I did this and how to go back to the "stock" mask shape.

Hopefully the picture attached properly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: After Effects Star Mask Not Looking Right
on Jul 21, 2017 at 9:22:18 pm

Had this happen to me a couple times. Draw a star with the tool, nice and big. Then hold Cmd/Ctl and drag back towards the center, but not all the way. You'll see your inner radius start to "fatten up." Release Cmd/Ctl and drag outward again to check if the shape is the way you want it. If not, do the Cmd/Ctl-drag-in-out thing again until it looks how you want it. Should clear it up.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]