FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove Anamorphic Lens Distortion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Vander Plas
Remove Anamorphic Lens Distortion
on Jul 20, 2017 at 6:50:31 pm

I have a locked-off tripod shot that I need to add 3D elements to in Cinema 4D. It was shot on a 50mm anamorphic lens, and I'm finding that matching the perspective is very tricky. It doesn't seem to matter what mm lens I choose in C4D or what angle, there is no way to match it. I've found through some web searches that they recommend removing the distortion first, then adding CG elements, then adding the distortion back on. I can't, however, find a tutorial or hints on how to remove this particular type of distortion. Obviously, I know that the image has to be scaled to 200% width to not be totally squashed horizontally, but once this is done, the perspective still has some weird qualities to it. I've tried CC Lens effect to no avail. Anyone tackled this before?

Return to posts index

Liran Tabib
Re: Remove Anamorphic Lens Distortion
on Jul 21, 2017 at 11:04:35 am

Hi Nate
you can use the AE's Optics Compensation effect to remove the distortions, and the cool thing is that after you incorporate your graphics/cg elements you can reverse the distortion using another copy of the effect on top of everything (or on top of your precomposed result), using the same effect values but the opposite selection for the "Reverse Lens Distortion" checkbox.
This will give you the original distortion to the new elements as well.

Liran Tabib
http://www.vdodna.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]