FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering pausing for very long amounts of time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Perkins
Rendering pausing for very long amounts of time
on Jul 19, 2017 at 9:37:05 pm

My rendering appears to freeze for a long amount of time!

I'm working on a frankly overly-complicated file, with hundreds of layers of a pattern distributed in z-space. I'm rendering my project at about 1/6th it's full size (6000px by 1500px, approx). It's visuals for a large 3-screen display at a conference. I realize that rendering will probably take a long time, but I'm concerned that I'm wasting time while my render is frozen. Attached is a screengrab of the render, it's been this way for at least 30 minutes.

I'm stressing because I'm under a time-crunch. Why hasn't it rendered even a single frame? Should I stop the render? If so, how can I speed this up to a usable speed? Is there a solution to the whole problem, or small steps I can take to improve the speed issue?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Rendering pausing for very long amounts of time
on Jul 21, 2017 at 8:03:48 pm

What are your computer specs? Sounds like a huge project... This could be where a render farm comes in handy, depending on your budget.

I suggest rendering to an image sequence. That way if anything goes wrong in your export you can start at the frame you need as opposed to starting all over.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Rendering pausing for very long amounts of time
on Jul 31, 2017 at 6:02:20 pm

depending on ram on the box, the machine could be wrangling and overly large page file on the drive - or clearing one out for the upcoming data - that can take an inordinate amount of time. I've never understsood why windows is slow at this or why the combo of pretty much any adobe product and the page file can bring a box to its knees.
Make sure you have at least twice your ram amount in free and clear hard drive space available plus the 10 percent reserve all hard drives need.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]