CC Environment, Greenscreen, and 3d tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john younger
CC Environment, Greenscreen, and 3d tracking
on Jul 19, 2017 at 12:10:24 am

Here are the elements:
1. Backgroung plate HDRI that being placed in CC Environment
2. Keyed footage of actors on a turn table (being spun 360 degrees) motionless and staring a tennis ball.
3. Either 3d text from AE or C4D

I have to put 70 comics into this rig for a TV open. (70 different comics, 70 different openings). The rig remains the same except the comic and the text of the comics name.

Im trying to figure out the best workflow for this and I've kind of half ass set up rigs in After Effects as well as C4D.

For AE:
1. Dropped in the HDRI background plate and applied CC Environment.
2. Dropped in pre keyed footage and auto oriented to camera.
3. 3d tracked the actor.

1st problem is the when i combine the plate and the actor the camera does respond to the track but the rotation goes wonky. I only want the x rotation but the camera is keyframed at the orient points . Also I'm unfamiliar with 3d text in After Effects these days. Are reflections and such reasonable?

Am i better off doing these relatively simples camera moves by hand? Or does this workflow seem correct?
Thanks and sorry for it being a bit confusing....
J

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: CC Environment, Greenscreen, and 3d tracking
on Jul 24, 2017 at 11:17:25 pm

You may have to do this by hand. There probably aren't enough good points on the chroma key subjects to get a good 3D track.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

john younger
Re: CC Environment, Greenscreen, and 3d tracking
on Jul 25, 2017 at 12:16:43 am

Thanks for the reply. Whats odd is the 3d track of the subject produces good enough results for the 3d text but not for the background. I am doing them by hand which turns out not to be too bad. I just can't figure out why the 3d works for the text but not the plate.....
Thanks
J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]