Here are the elements:
1. Backgroung plate HDRI that being placed in CC Environment
2. Keyed footage of actors on a turn table (being spun 360 degrees) motionless and staring a tennis ball.
3. Either 3d text from AE or C4D
I have to put 70 comics into this rig for a TV open. (70 different comics, 70 different openings). The rig remains the same except the comic and the text of the comics name.
Im trying to figure out the best workflow for this and I've kind of half ass set up rigs in After Effects as well as C4D.
1. Dropped in the HDRI background plate and applied CC Environment.
2. Dropped in pre keyed footage and auto oriented to camera.
3. 3d tracked the actor.
1st problem is the when i combine the plate and the actor the camera does respond to the track but the rotation goes wonky. I only want the x rotation but the camera is keyframed at the orient points . Also I'm unfamiliar with 3d text in After Effects these days. Are reflections and such reasonable?
Am i better off doing these relatively simples camera moves by hand? Or does this workflow seem correct?
Thanks and sorry for it being a bit confusing....