FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shape morphing produces weird output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Krishna Moorthy
Shape morphing produces weird output
on Jul 18, 2017 at 1:31:27 pm

Hi,

I am working on a project where I wanted to animate the shape of a layer. I had animated the path of the shape layer, but it produces a weird output as the shape scales down and suddenly becomes as the next shape when it hits the second keyframe. I have done this shape morphing before and it produces results as expected, can't figure out why now it's been producing a weird output. The explanation may not be clear, so I added a video to my youtube channel with a recording of this issue, here is the link for the video:

Do check with the video and help me what I am doing wrong. Kindly, ask for any additional information if needed.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Shape morphing produces weird output
on Jul 18, 2017 at 2:22:15 pm

looks like it is trying to invert itself. have you tried setting first vertex by right clicking on a vertex - mask and shape paths - set first vertex

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jul 18, 2017 at 5:52:32 pm

Richard is correct. You need to set the first vertex. This is necessary because when converting parametric shape to bezier, there's a long time bug that's causing the first vertex to not be registered properly.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Krishna Moorthy
on Jul 19, 2017 at 7:23:22 am

Yeah, am aware of that first vertex stuff and I tried changing it too. I have iterated with changing the first vertex with various points, everything produces the similar result. Any thing other than that?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jul 19, 2017 at 9:22:15 am

please show a second capture where you do the same thing but set the first vertext.
1. convert to bezier
2. right click on the squared vertex and set it to first vertex
3. animate and let's see if it's still problematic.

Roei Tzoref
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Krishna Moorthy
on Jul 19, 2017 at 10:54:30 am

Yes, that fixed it. I previously did the same thing but it didn't work out. Thank you so much for your help. Now, when I morph the circle into an another shape, it produces an uneven morphing which I provided a video below for reference. Kindly, check this as well.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jul 19, 2017 at 11:31:02 am

I see. this is because the order of vertices is reversed - the way they were created is in the opposite direction. since it's only 4 vertices, you could just adjust it manually (just shift the vertices of the end shape until the corresponding vertices of the start shape match) . if it were a bit more complicated, you could paste the path in illustrator and use the attribute panel to reverse the direction. unfortunately there is no such feature in Ae.

Roei Tzoref
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Krishna Moorthy
on Jul 19, 2017 at 11:49:40 am

Thanks, mate,

will try that trick if needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved