FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any Tips to Cut Down Render Times?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Massa
Any Tips to Cut Down Render Times?
on Jul 14, 2017 at 4:10:50 pm

I'm aware that AE normally takes a good while to render anything, but I'm on a deadline, so anything I could be doing more efficiently to render out the comp is appreciated. I have about 8 comps in the neighborhood of 5min. that and each 5min. comp is estimated to render in about 5 hours. The project is a green screen replacement.

My project consists of the source footage brought in After Effects (all these layer have been pre-comped and pre-rendered), the Mattes (depending on the comp 2-3 layers with keylight combined into one key, this is all pre-comped and used as a luma matte), Dispelled footage which is two layer of the source footage, one with channel mixer applied and set to darken to remove the green, this pre-comp has color balance, lumetri, noise removal, and unsharp mask. The background plate has been baked and it is also used for a light wrap.

I'm rendering out to a TIFF sequence for safety in case of any crashes. While rendering the preview window has been turned off.

My machine has a i5-6500 running at 3.2 GHz, 32GB of RAM, and a GTX 970 although I realize it's not really used for final renders. CPU usage has stayed below 80%. 28GB of RAM have been allocated to AE. My footage and output are on the same internal HDD, not ideal, but what I have to work with.

Again, I realize that my render times may be the best I can get, but any advice to cut them down a little is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

hanna dean
Re: Any Tips to Cut Down Render Times?
on Jul 14, 2017 at 10:36:49 pm

u have 5 comps try like this.

start on 1st comp go inside , of course all effects are in comp1 you wil se that .

disable view for all comp and start to render 2 to 3 layers as avi once rendered import that avi to its original position in comp and disable the active comp.

and then move on up ,doing same process , this works fast

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]