FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layers Out of Order when Rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Wright
Layers Out of Order when Rendering
on Jul 14, 2017 at 6:54:41 am

Hello World,

I am very new to after effects, I've been fiddling around with a project and have been having issues with rendering...
I am using AE CC 2017, on a Windows 10...

When in work preview, my layers run in order and accordingly...

As I select render, my background image has a tendency to bounce from one layer level to another...
And as you can see my background is overlaid onto my top layers, but shifted slightly so you can barely make out the pokeball underneath...

I delete my background and it still is embedded, now you can see the alpha peeking through...

Now, I only render one precomp at a time and the background managed to wedge into this Pikachu layer...

My text layer was nested with the image logo in the corner, two chromakey light effects are nested, Pikachu is nested with another fill layer, the pokeball is three clips nested then again nested with a 3D shadow, another 3D shadow layer for pikachu, background, then audio.

I figured there is some issue with mixing 3D with 2D comps. I cannot change my "Renderer" from classic 3D to basic or advanced I assume from the 3D layers.

My original plan was to render each precomp separately then reconfigure again in a new comp, but with the BG layer popping up in every precomp I cannot do this.

I'm pretty much stuck and I have not found another problem similar to this online. So I turn to you Creative Cow forum.
Also please advise that again I am still very new to this, so very thorough and simple terminology would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Dakota

Return to posts index

Don Jobs
Re: Layers Out of Order when Rendering
on Jul 14, 2017 at 10:06:37 am

Hi Dakota,

this issue will happen when mixing 3D with 2D comps. Maybe this is a stupid idea, but I don't see a camera in you composition. Did you try to add a camera?

Return to posts index

Dakota Wright
on Jul 14, 2017 at 6:25:46 pm

Hello Don,

Thanks for the reply! Just went ahead and fully rendered with a camera to see what the outcome would look like, and unfortunately its still doing the layering. I had a little bit of luck where the pokeball actually became visible but the BG layer will toggle on and off throughout the beginning comp.

Also Pikachu will start off as a BG layer then transform back into Pika as it moves along a path. Finally when the text is supposed to start, the screen will turn blue ( from the selected text color) then text will come into view but my pokeball and pika chu is missing from the shot during text transition.

Would it help if I made every layer 3D?

Thanks again,
Dakota

Return to posts index

Don Jobs
on Jul 14, 2017 at 7:21:38 pm

Yes, that would help. But first maybe you could try to render it without the 3D layer you have now and see if everything else works.

It's very hard to see the full project construction from the screenshots. I think that the best way would be to make some render tests without some layers to see which one is causing the problem.

Return to posts index

Dakota Wright
on Jul 15, 2017 at 1:29:43 am

Sorry about that, I know screenshots don't do much justice but I wasn't sure if I was able to upload a video file on here.

So interesting thing I found out is that when I would have my comp on anything but full resolution the issues would not come up. I would work on my comp in quarter or half to save frame processing time and change to full right before rendering.

Now in my work space I was able to find my issue layers in full res and trimmed them down to their original glory.
At this point I believe I have the main issue corrected!

I did go ahead and made every single layer 3D to see if that helped. Although, I have yet to test that theory...
Thanks again for taking your time to help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]