on Jul 14, 2017 at 3:01:49 am Last Edited By Timothée Ferreol on Jul 14, 2017 at 3:07:49 am
I have this Background :
These persons passing by :
I singled out the little girl using a mask like this like this :
I tracked her using the tracker :
Now what I want is copy past the keyframes of the tracker onto the mask so it can follow her, is there a way to do that ? I also tried the "track mask" option which fail to track her whole body properly... Please I don't want to manualy keyframe my mask ☺
As far as I know, there are no easy ways to paste position data to a mask path, also because its position depends on the layer on which the mask is applied.
What I suggest is to use a track-matte ("subject" being the girl, in this case):
- create a new completely white solid;
- set the opacity to 20% so that you can see what you're doing;
- create a mask of the subject you want to see, being sure the mask is applied onto the white solid and NOT on the footage layer;
- parent solid to null, then scrub through the timeline to see if the solid moves so that it covers the subject from beginning to end of the composition;
- set the opacity back to 100%;
- assuming the white layer is on top of the subject layer, set the track matte of the subject layer to either alpha or luminance with respect to the white solid (press F4 if you don't see the switch on the timeline).