FORUMS: list search recent posts

Framerate 30fps to 24fps problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gaetan Ducroq
Framerate 30fps to 24fps problem
on Jul 6, 2017 at 12:53:21 am

Hello,

First i want to tell you i'm sorry for my english, i'm french and i have bad english i hope you understand me.

Yesterday i made some drone footage for a client. This client told me to shoot in 24 fps, but because i have some probleme of firmware i lost time and finally in the rush i don't look the fps .. my bad rough day ..
Since yesterday i tried to convert my footage in 24 fps but with a simple change frame rate in AE or Pr i have this bad footage every time.

I search and see so many "solution" on internet but none of it doesn't work. I have sucess to export a big AVI in 24 fps who looks great but i can't really play it because of the size and every time i tried to export a decent format like H264 in Adobe Media Encoder i have the same bad footage who are back.

You have a solution or i have to tell my client i really messed up ?

Thanks you by advance,

Gaetan

Again, sorry for my english i'm embarassed

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Framerate 30fps to 24fps problem
on Jul 6, 2017 at 5:12:06 am

Use Time interpolation optical flow to go from 30 to 24fps. Size too big? Inside premiere for smooth playback or in vlc player?

Return to posts index

Gaetan Ducroq
on Jul 6, 2017 at 7:13:14 am

Thanks for your answer!
I have already tried optical flow but with the same result in Premiere Pro
The .avi from After Effects who seems to be nice is way too big ( 150go ), and i can't play it in VLC but when I play it in Premiere Pro it looks fine, but when I export the file the blurry thing come back.
Hope you can help me

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 6, 2017 at 12:55:17 pm

when you playback the original or the new rendered file does it get blurry? what are your render settings?

for the smooth playback, it may be too uncompressed and thus too much MB/sec on your hard drive disk speed. if you try prores or dnxhd, you'll find it plays back smoother. or you could buy an SSD hard drive.

Return to posts index

Gaetan Ducroq
on Jul 6, 2017 at 9:28:24 pm

I recapitulate: i have a drone footage who are very great but in 30 fps and my client want 23,967

So i first tried to just convert in Premiere Pro or Media Encoder like i do usually but i tried many settings like optical flow and i have always the same blurry image

But i read on this forum i should try to do the convert in After Effect and it work well but i have a big AVI file i can't read in vlc ( like usually with After Effect .. ) but in Premiere Pro once a rendered it i can see every frame it's like the original drone footage. But at this point every time i tried to export this file in H264 like i isually do i'm back with blurry footage like the screenshot i post on my first message.

I send you two screenshot, one of the render settings i have and one of the MB/sec of the AVI file. Hope it helps.

I don't really know what is prores or dnxhd, i have seen this on render setting but it's just give me a blurry file .. Maybe i have to do something else ?

The screenshots are in French, i can translate if you need

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 6, 2017 at 9:56:54 pm

[Gaetan Ducroq] "I have sucess to export a big AVI in 24 fps who looks great but i can't really play it because of the size and every time i tried to export a decent format like H264 in Adobe Media Encoder i have the same bad footage who are back."

You can try this:

Import the good-looking AVI into Premiere Pro, and check its frame rate. If it is 23.976 frames per second, you can export an H.264 file in Premiere Pro. You don't have to use Adobe Media Encoder.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gaetan Ducroq
on Jul 6, 2017 at 10:47:23 pm

Thanks for your answer David. I just tried and i have the same bad result ... i send you the export setting i use.

I'm desesperate..

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 6, 2017 at 11:58:21 pm

Are you trying to upload to youtube or making a master?(dnxhd, prores, cineform)
What happens when you raise the video bitrate? You audio doesnt need to be higher than aac 128. Handbrake will give better results for h.264 at rf 16.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 7, 2017 at 12:28:24 am

First -- is the frame rate correct? Is the motion of the shot smooth? That is the important part.

If it is correct, you can improve the export settings appearing in your screen shot. You can make the video look better. Instead of vbr 1-passage, change it to vbr 2-passage. Open the bit rate settings and increase the average bit rate to about 50mbit/s , and the maximum bit rate to about 60mbits/s.

The file size will be a lot larger, but it should work well.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gaetan Ducroq
on Jul 7, 2017 at 4:45:02 pm

Your mbits and vbr 2 have worked ! A big thanks to you, you really save my ass at one day of the deadline. Really, thank you !

Return to posts index

Mohsen Saeedi
on Jul 7, 2017 at 9:52:58 am

Try Videocopilot framerate converter:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/kramer_andrew/fps.php

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 7, 2017 at 3:09:26 pm

"@Mohsen"
andrew kramer's plugin is not needed anymore. you can simply click AE's pixel motion and the fps of the clip will be converted to match the sequence settings automatically.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]