FORUMS: list search recent posts

effect control panel empty on reloading project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddy Loonstijn
effect control panel empty on reloading project
on Jul 4, 2017 at 1:03:21 am

My problem:
I have created a group of 15 stacked effect control panels in an AfterEffects project. They are filled with 15 different effect controls, all locked.
I saved and closed the project.
However, when I re-open this project the panels are there, beautifully stacked, but the effectcontrols are NOT there anymore, so I have to fill the 15 panels again every time I open this project.
There must be a way to keep the content of these panels but I searched the internet in vain for many weeks! I cannot imagine that I am the only one with this problem. Or am I?
Please help me out.
Greeings, Eddy

Return to posts index

Liran Tabib
Re: effect control panel empty on reloading project
on Jul 4, 2017 at 7:13:59 pm

In after Effects CC 2017 you can use Essential Graphic window to do exactly that.
Just drag and drop your wanted effects controls to the window and it will stay there for the next time you open up the project.

Liran Tabib
http://www.vdodna.com

Return to posts index

Eddy Loonstijn
Re: effect control panel empty on reloading project
on Jul 4, 2017 at 10:16:19 pm

Thanx Liran for your speedy answer!

At the moment I am not in a possession of the new april 2017 version of AE, so maybe there is a way around with the former version?
On the other hand, as I saw on YouTube, this Essential Graphics panel just lists single controls, while the 'old' panel keeps the old stacked panels as such, so they fold in and out neatly to keep everything of the content of one panel inside this one panel, for instance:

panelname: Right Hand
horizontal orientation: -4 to +4 (Slider)
verticalal orientation: -2 to +2 (Slider)
level: -2 to +2 (Slider)
handform: 0 to 4 (Slider)

panelname: Left Hand
horizontal orientation: -4 to +4 (Slider)
verticalal orientation: -2 to +2 (Slider)
level: -2 to +2 (Slider)
handform: 0 to 4 (Slider)

etc.

In this way I can open the Right Hand panel (the former open panel will close automatically) , do some adjustments and close it, so I can see the headings of all the panels neatly in a row.

That's the way I would like to work in my character animation setup.

Hoping for another answer, Greetings Eddy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]