FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intelligent Overlay / 3D Tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffery Gordon
Intelligent Overlay / 3D Tracking
on Jul 3, 2017 at 2:49:40 pm

Hi all:

I am looking for an AE plugin / native solution to the following.

Over the course of 6 months, I've recorded 360 aerial orbits around the same landmark. Due to the inaccuracy of the drone's GPS, though, there are minute differences in the motion, location, and progression of the orbit.

I am looking to create a video that is able to fade between all of the files -- accomplishing a timelapsey effect. In order to do that, I've had to manually scale, skew, and key the video files for one specific transition between 20 or so frames. While taking a great amount of time, it also doesn't work very well.

Is there a more elegant solution to this problem? I've looked into Fusion, an AVISynth plugin that uses image pyramids to align and blend clips. But in AE, I'm stumped.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Intelligent Overlay / 3D Tracking
on Jul 3, 2017 at 4:03:50 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 4, 2017 at 12:54:49 pm

Sorry, but there isn't an easy way in AE. Besides that, you pretty much shot yourself in the foot from the start. You'd need a motion control rig to do what you want, and a drone with GPS isn't nearly accurate enough to match up the shots.

It's a cool concept, but the hardware you used doesn't cut it from a practical perspective. I feel bad that you went to all that work without at least running a test to see if it would work for real.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]