FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime H264 compression mode question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Harries
Quicktime H264 compression mode question
on Jul 2, 2017 at 12:17:03 am

I have a footage with alot of dark areas and want to use the best compression mode to avoid banding and other compression artifacts.
I had the same issue 5 years ago and back then I did the editing in AE, then rendered an uncompressed QuickTime footage and did the encoding in "x264" software which was better than "QuicktimePro" in encoding a H264 footages. The result was good.

This was 5 years ago,today is H264 the best compression type in terms of quality for web usage?
And has the "quicktimePro" been updated so it does a better H264 compression compared to softwares like "x264"?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Quicktime H264 compression mode question
on Jul 2, 2017 at 5:42:16 pm

it all depends on the software you run. If you have CC 2017, you can send your AE comp to Abobe Media Encoder, which can make an mp4/h.264. That's good for delivery but not archiving.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Harries
on Jul 9, 2017 at 11:40:45 pm

Tried Adobe encoder a few years ago and it gave the same results/quality for H264 as QuickTime pro unless something changed lately.
Is H264 still on of the best compression mode for the web? Hasn't anything better been developed in the last years?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 10, 2017 at 3:30:19 pm

H.265 is becoming more supported. Especially good for 4K content.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]