FORUMS: list search recent posts

DUIK Controllers getting locked

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julieta Gutierrez
DUIK Controllers getting locked
on Jul 1, 2017 at 3:50:57 am

I've been using DUIK for just a couple months, and it's the first time I've run into this problem. I'm running AE 12.1.0.168 on a mac pro OSX 10.12.5. I'm animating a 30sec bit with two characters and a couple rigged objects, I have 6/7 of the work done and I just need to make the final adjustments, at some point my rigs started randomly locking and wouldn't let me change position. http://imgur.com/a/ukXDn?. I've successfully replicated the error by copying and pasting a functional character from other comp, to find after pasting every controller is locked. Thanks in advance if you can think of something to try because I would hate to lose all that work.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: DUIK Controllers getting locked
on Jul 1, 2017 at 4:51:26 am

I haven't used DUIK for awhile so pretty rusty with it, but really liked it over most all else out there. I got the update while I was at it looking for some suggestions.

I was going to suggest posting a message at http://forum.rainboxprod.coop, but I see you've already done that. I suspect so that'll be your best bet for a quick, direct answer. Not comforting when a deadline looms I know.

Looking at your images, the only thing I'm seeing is that the controls selected in the first two have expressions so yes, they would be locked. The 3rd, has the expressions disabled, so one would think you should be able to move those; same thing with the 4th with plain keys.

Have you considered something outside of AE, such as your mouse dying or simply needing fresh batteries? Sounds almost silly, but I asked that on a Lightwave forum and that actually turned out to be the case.

Does it do this with a freshly created comp & rig?

Return to posts index

Julieta Gutierrez
on Jul 1, 2017 at 6:07:23 pm

Thanks for the answer, I was hoping it was the mouse battery but unfortunately not. Creating a new comp and new rig fix the issue but I cant paste the animation from the previous character without it getting locked again.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Jul 1, 2017 at 8:45:51 pm

It's got to be something that accidentally got clicked or set then. I doubt it's a bug.

No response yet from the Rainbox forum I gather. Unless you can get a fresh set of eyes, you'll probably have to do some forensics to back track through the expressions I suspect. And it'll be something frustratingly simple once you find it of course.

Good luck. Hope you find it quickly. Perhaps post an update when you do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]