FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particular sprites with animated comps?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Jacinto
Particular sprites with animated comps?
on Jun 30, 2017 at 3:54:10 pm

I basically want to know if it's possible to have several comps with animations inside them as the particles in a Particular emmiter.

I have a Particular layer with a Particle Type of Sprite.
The sprite texture is set to a comp called "Fun Particles."
The Fun Particles comp has 4 frames and each frame has a comp (Comp1-4).
Comp1 is 200x200 and has a square that has a stroke that goes from 20 to 0 (60 frames long).
Comp2 is 200x200 and has a circle that has a stroke that goes from 20 to 0 (60 frames long).
Comp3 is 200x200 and has a tiny square that has a stroke that goes from 20 to 0 (60 frames long).
Comp4 is 200x200 and has a tiny circle that has a stroke that goes from 20 to 0 (60 frames long).

It doesn't really matter what I set "Time Sampling" to because it will typically just loop through all 4 frames...which is not what I want. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Particular sprites with animated comps?
on Jun 30, 2017 at 6:59:25 pm

Im not sure i understand...are you saying you want the particle to be a comp that has animation in it...?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 30, 2017 at 8:50:54 pm

Make "Fun Particles" 240 frames long, and sequence Comp1, Comp2, Comp3 and Comp4 within it. Each should be 60 frames long as you describe, and then should play back-to-back within the comp.

Set the "Time Sampling" property to one of the "Split Clip" options. Set the number of clips to 4 (to match the number of equal-length comps you have above).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mark Jacinto
on Jun 30, 2017 at 9:39:52 pm

Holy crap Walter that's it. Thank you. I've been stuck on that for years with what seems like a no-brainer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]