FORUMS: list search recent posts

Falling Feather

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Mallan
Falling Feather
on Jun 27, 2017 at 9:49:22 am

Hello

So I want to animate a falling feather, which is part of a logo, to create an ident for a project.

for example:

Obviously, I am using After Effects and have attempted to animate my feather using the graph editor and position/rotation/scale etc but this just results in a flat object moving side to side back and forth without the flexibilty of a feather. I want to be able to make the feather turn and bend like in the youtube clip above. I assumed I might be able to use 'page turn cc' effect to achieve this but applying this effect to an object (.png) did not seem to work. I tried pasting in a vector path onto a solid in After Effects but the 'turn' applies to the whole solid layer (the whole composition rather than just the object).

Any guidance or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Falling Feather
on Jun 27, 2017 at 2:30:39 pm

You could use CC Cylinder to make the feather bend a bit (you just have make the feather layer significantly wider than the feather so that it only wraps around a small part of the cylinder).

You could switch your renderer from classic to the Cinema 4D renderer and then you have some layer bending options. (If you have an older NVIDIA card, you could try the ray-traced renderer instead as it might be faster.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Falling Feather
on Jun 27, 2017 at 4:47:46 pm

after effects can bend layers if you swtich the composition settings from 2d to 3d...note...do this after your happy with the falling path of your feather(which should be a bezier curved path)...as its a render hog...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]