FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Render Time - Does AE keep track?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Rusnak
After Effects Render Time - Does AE keep track?
on Jun 26, 2017 at 5:47:44 pm

I was wondering if AE keeps track of render times when a render is finished? I can't seem to find that stat and thought it might be useful to pick different GPU engines and render out an AE scene and see which engines are best for different effects and whatnot.

If anyone knows where these stats are kept? Do you need a script? ( I searched AEscripts and it looks like it doesn't exist there) and the Google turns up nothing...just benchmark files.

Thanks guys!
Joe

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: After Effects Render Time - Does AE keep track?
on Jun 26, 2017 at 7:36:35 pm

Ae records the start and end times for any composition it renders in the log files it creates, and render durations are noted in each project's Render Queue window.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Joe Rusnak
Re: After Effects Render Time - Does AE keep track?
on Jun 26, 2017 at 8:44:33 pm

Ah yes! I was missing the Render Time Column! So this is great BUT I was actually talking about Media Encoder!! (90% of the time I render to it and always assume it is a part of After Effects!)

So...without posting this in another group (I haven't even looked if Media Encoder has it's own group?)

I would wonder if there is a similar "Render Time" column in Media Encoder. I tried to click and right click everywhere in the window to see if I could add columns but haven't found it. Maybe in Media Encoder it doesn't actually exist?

Thanks!
Joe Rusnak

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]