FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't see .iff file in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claris Delgado
Can't see .iff file in AE
on Jun 26, 2017 at 1:00:59 pm

Hey guys,

couple of years ago I used to put a sequence of .iff files (rendered in Maya software) in AE without any issues.
Today I imported .iff sequence and I see black screen!

What is that? It also did not ask if I want to premultiply the image, which is also weird.
Anyone had similar issues? Is this fixable without re-rendering?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Claris Delgado
Re: Can't see .iff file in AE
on Jun 26, 2017 at 1:30:23 pm

Also, I have no problem seeing it in Photoshop.
According to Adobe, IFF is a supported formatin AE.
When I switch on transparency or change premult/ unpremult, nothing appears, as if the image is empty, which is not true....

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 26, 2017 at 3:23:27 pm

ae may be mis-interpreting the alpha. right-click the image sequence in the project window and choose interpret footage>main. then click the option to ignore alpha.

look at the footage in a comp to see if the rib portion of the sequence looks ok.

if it does, go back to the interpret footage settings, set the alph back to what it was, but click the invert option. go back to the cops and see if the footage appears correctly.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Claris Delgado
on Jun 26, 2017 at 3:46:28 pm

Thanks Kevin!

This is super strange, I tried your suggestions, and it had no effect...
There is also zero info on it in the whole Internet, which is strange. I will try to revert to the older versions of the AE and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Claris Delgado
on Jul 3, 2017 at 7:44:44 am

Hey guys, this is just an update. Like I suspected, Adobe screwed up again, and AE 2017 does not read Maya's IFF format (but claim to be able to), while AE 2015 opens them without any issue. Just for those who might have similar problems - downgrade your After Effects version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]