FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot make my Illustrator path copied on a solid as a motion path for Particular light source

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
Cannot make my Illustrator path copied on a solid as a motion path for Particular light source
on Jun 23, 2017 at 1:59:40 pm

Guys I am really shocked to see why I am not being able to set my light emitter position path as my copied Illustrator path on one of the solids I have. I am using After Effects 2015, so not sure if this version has some issues with Particular 2 plugin.

The Illustrator path is basically a calligraphic word which is comprised of about 11 path shapes. When I copy the path shapes by selecting all of them and then try to paste it as position keyframes for light, nothing happens. If I just take one of those 11 paths and pate it on light position, I see new key frames but this does not help because copying 11 paths one by one and adjusting their time stretch by manipulating roving keyframes seemed not only tedious but I was also getting some weird movement of light emitter.

I am really confused what to do. Even if I copy each path one by one to my light layer from After Effects layer which has these paths, the paths don;t show their correct placement and kinda detach themselves from actual position of illustrator paths.

Here is my test After Effects file to show you the problem.

11465_illustratorpaths.aep.zip

Previously I was trying to use layer emitter as particular source and having a different problem so while browsing some old posts here, I noticed that Particular is not so good to work with layer emitters, that's why I decided to use Illustrator paths to keep a control of my light position which I want to use as my particular source point.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Cannot make my Illustrator path copied on a solid as a motion path for Particular light source
on Jun 23, 2017 at 4:23:39 pm

It has to be one path only or you will have to paste multiple paths in and offset the position of the resulting keyframes.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]