FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lightning effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
Lightning effect
on Jun 23, 2017 at 1:33:58 pm

Can someone suggest to achieve this effect around 5 secs on a particular sport that I have highlighted in RED circle in attached jpeg.

I thought they applied light leaks preset on a particular layer as one of the fireworks you see in this Youtube video but when I tried it on a Particular fireworks preset layer, light leaks did not make any difference.

Image that shows exactly which spot around 5 secs this effect pops in. It also appears on a few more spots in the surrounding area and some of them even have TV lines effect which I am not more interested in. I just want to know how they created this effect.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Lightning effect
on Jun 23, 2017 at 4:25:54 pm

You could use another instance of Particular that produces bright, feathered circles and then use the Set Matte effect on it and use the smoky particular layer as the source (make sure to choose to use the layer masks and effects and not just the layer source.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Lightning effect
on Jun 23, 2017 at 10:39:09 pm

I can't find my copy now for some reason to refer to, but search on YouTube or perhaps even Vimeo. I came across a good example of just this sort of thing there with Lightning Effects behind clouds. It didn't use 3rd party plugins, just just clever use of lights w /envelopes, layer opacity & blurring. That's what your effect looks like to me anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]