FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cache Problem? CC2017

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Murphy
Cache Problem? CC2017
on Jun 22, 2017 at 7:18:23 pm

Hello!

I seem to be having an issue with the image cache not updating quickly.

For example, I will scroll around my timeline or turn on and off layers and will not see a change in my composition window until 10 seconds later or it wont update at all. I find myself continually going to edit > purge > purge all memory & disk cache.

Im working on a laptop, osx 10.12.5, 2.5ghz intel core i7, 16gb memory, graphics: intel iris pro 1536mb. There is about 200gb of space left on my 500gb flash storage drive.

I tried using an external ssd (usb3.0) to see if that would help but still slow. I thought it might be my laptop but im also having the same trouble at home on my iMac, which is more powerful.

One thing I do notice is that if I put the "posterize time" effect on a comp, that will slow it down even more.

Im kind of at a loss of what to do. I just started having this problem about a month ago or so. Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Cache Problem? CC2017
on Jun 22, 2017 at 8:40:08 pm

Your comps are just using the classic renderer, right? Double-check that they haven't changed to ray-traced by accident.
What, exact, version of CC 2017?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Patrick Murphy
Re: Cache Problem? CC2017
on Jun 22, 2017 at 10:57:05 pm

Hey thanks for the reply.

Im using the "classic renderer" and my project's video rendering and effects is set on "Mercury Software Only".

I'm using AE CC2017 v. 14.2.1.34 and it's got 12gb allocated of my 16gb memory

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]