FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scrolling / Scaling Number line?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Feldhake
Scrolling / Scaling Number line?
on Jun 22, 2017 at 4:33:49 pm

Hi all! I'm currently working on a project and am in a pickle. Our graphic designer storyboarded what the opening graphic to our project is supposed to look like and I just can't seem to figure out a way to achieve one aspect of the design. Attached is the photo from said storyboard. We have a 60 day program and the idea is to have days 01 - 60 scroll by and stop on whatever day it happens to be in the program. As you can see, the number that is 'selected' needs to be scaled up and pronounced so that the user knows what day they're on. Any suggestions?

I can somewhat achieve the look using a null layer and the magnify effect, but it doesn't look too clean. I wasn't sure if there was an expression to get the job done or not. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/rrVeb

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Scrolling / Scaling Number line?
on Jun 22, 2017 at 5:38:15 pm

[Josh Feldhake] "I can somewhat achieve the look using a null layer and the magnify effect, but it doesn't look too clean."

Go the other way -- start with a bigger asset for the selection, then shrink it to create the non-selected elements.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Sean Dunn
on Jun 22, 2017 at 6:33:35 pm

Harry Frank does a great job explaining that exact effect and uses expressions so it's dynamic.

Return to posts index

Josh Feldhake
on Jun 22, 2017 at 7:39:58 pm

THIS IS PERFECT!

I knew there had to be an expression that did what I was looking for. I was trying to find a video that explained it, but I didn't know what to call the effect! Thanks for the help! Long time lurker, first time poster. Glad to be part of the community.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]