FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen / Spokesmodel video need ideas!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Barefoot
Green Screen / Spokesmodel video need ideas!
on Jun 22, 2017 at 3:37:55 pm

I am doing a series of over 15 videos for my company that are all a spokesmodel in front of a green screen and I really want to spice these up and make them good.

I have a background picked and have a simple way for text to transition on now. Watching similar videos they all seem to have a lot more gfx, effects and motion but I have no ideas on what to do. This is my weak point so would love some ideas, downloadable templates or examples of your work on ways to spice this up. Any advice is helpful, thanks!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Green Screen / Spokesmodel video need ideas!
on Jun 22, 2017 at 4:10:16 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 22, 2017 at 4:26:34 pm

[Adam Barefoot] "I am doing a series of over 15 videos for my company that are all a spokesmodel in front of a green screen and I really want to spice these up and make them good."

I doubt you're working solo on these. Who else is in the group tasked with getting these videos done? A writer? An artist? A marketing person?

How much autonomy do you have in the production process? Who approves the completed work?

Ever shoot green screen before? If little or no experience, you must run some tests before you shoot it for real! Go into the shoot KNOWING your set/lighting/camera/keying chops will perform as expected instead of just HOPING they will.

How long is each video intended to be?

I realize this is everything except what you really wanted to know. but it's all important.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adam Barefoot
on Jun 22, 2017 at 6:28:52 pm

the video example is mine. I did it all alone except the script writing. I just feel it is a little dull and needs some more flair to the background and text transitions or something i am not thinking of.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 22, 2017 at 6:44:36 pm

Whew! That's all good to know. A lot of times people jump into the deep end of the pool wearing lead weights. It sounds like you're hip to the pitfalls.

I think the best -- and easiest -- thing you can do is to animate the background. You ought to be able to animate those geometric shapes behind the logo pretty easily.
It wouldn't be tough to get it to loop, either. Just animate one cycle, render it out, reimport, and loop it as many times as you want in AE's interpret footage settings.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 22, 2017 at 10:24:40 pm

Ya animate those triangles in the BG...and really just add some cool transitions...look up a few modern transitions and try to replicate what you like...to be honest these kind of videos are the worse .

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]