FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha Pro 5 Removale Module

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Taverner
Mocha Pro 5 Removale Module
on Jun 22, 2017 at 11:07:45 am

Hello everyone.

This is my first post so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or if I can improve this post.

I've been given a few shots to remove a rope that's attached to a falling bag and I'm struggling to remove this rope.

Here's a link to one of the shots - https://vimeo.com/222651637
Password - "real" (without the quotation marks)

I assume that Mocha would be the best way to remove the rope but if you can think of any other methods/software then please let me know and I'll give them a go.

After placing the footage in Mocha and drawing the X-Splines around the rope where it's the sharpest, I then try and track it but Mocha can't pick up the rope at all. I think it's down to the low shutter speed and having a bury rope. It would be good to have someone else's opinion.

Am I missing something on Mocha? Is there an easier way to remove this rope from this scene?

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best
George

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Mocha Pro 5 Removale Module
on Jun 22, 2017 at 2:02:25 pm

Which rope are you removing? It looks like two of them to me.
Anyway, you probably don't need Mocha Remove module for this. You've got a pretty clean plate so I would simply make a freeze frame of the clean plate, motion track it to the shot and then, using a nicely feathered mask (or masks), place it only over the rope. You may need to add some grain back over the top of it the freeze-frame to help blend things, but that is a really fast shot so it might not be required.

Alternatively, you could simply try the CC Wire Removal effect.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]