FORUMS: list search recent posts

Once more from the noob files... relinking footage with trackers... and the tracker data not relinking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Morrison
Once more from the noob files... relinking footage with trackers... and the tracker data not relinking
on Jun 20, 2017 at 3:16:39 pm

So, noob move... moved some original files around after working on them in AE.

Relinking them is no problem. However I had some painstakingly tracked moves on those files and I can't seem to get that data to relink. Is this not possible? Or, more likely, what have I done wrong/step have I missed.

Many thanks... again.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Once more from the noob files... relinking footage with trackers... and the tracker data not relinking
on Jun 20, 2017 at 3:21:16 pm

Sorry, but we can't tell from your description.
You may not yet have found the file you moved, you may have deleted it... there's no way to know.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christopher Morrison
Re: Once more from the noob files... relinking footage with trackers... and the tracker data not relinking
on Jun 20, 2017 at 4:07:17 pm

Sorry, no, I found it... even put it back in the place it once was.

I'll try to be clearer. I can relink the original file, no problem. All the tracking information seems to be there, but no longer attached to the file (even though it's the exact same file/data.) Wondering if there's a way to relink the tracker.

Even more info:
I used perspective corner pin to track a screen in this particular footage.
The first track info seems to be there, but not the rest of the tracking.

Here's a screenshot for a bit further info... as you can see the tracking info is in the upper right hand corner.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 20, 2017 at 4:40:12 pm

Tracking data is just keyframe data; it exists in the Ae project file independently of the media, and taking media offline will have no effect on your tracking data.

You can twirl open the footage layer in the timeline to see the tracking data. Assuming that "Comp 1" holds the screen you're corner pinning in, you should turn on the eyeball switch (visibility) for that layer in the timeline panel to see it in the comp viewer.

Also note that you are currently looking at the layer viewer; you may want to switch back to the comp viewer.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Christopher Morrison
on Jun 20, 2017 at 8:54:56 pm

Sorry to be thick. But, as you can see, this is what I get when I twirl open the footage layer.

It's not helping me re-link the tracker to the actual footage.

I was in the layer view as that's the only place I can get actual trackers up where I can see them.

More info:
My Comp1 layer is just a solid black rectangle I'm tracking to the screen behind her. So I tracked on the TV5.mov layer (which was the file I had to re-link.) Just stumbling around I found that if I used the Motion Source drop down and select my TV5.mov layer I at least get my original track on the first frame up. But when I advance it quickly goes off the rails.
I'm sure I'm being goofy here and missing something super basic so thanks for everyone's patience.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 22, 2017 at 10:20:55 am

It doesn't look like there's any tracking data there. Can you post the AEP without footage?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Christopher Morrison
on Jun 23, 2017 at 4:52:03 am

Not sure what you mean? You mean post a screenshot without the TV5.mov loaded into the AEP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]