FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dancing pixels - vector graphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albert Kowalski
Dancing pixels - vector graphics
on Jun 20, 2017 at 9:27:48 am

Hi!

I am making an animation with some SWF vector graphic files. I have a problem with "dancing" pixels while I change the position of the layer in the compostition. But that only happens when I add sharpen or brush strokes effect on those layers. Here's the video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekyoeujkv8pfzek/test.mp4?dl=0

As you can see the sharpen effect changes it values every keyframe. What is more, it doesn't happen when I scale the layer, only the position changes makes it like that. Interesting part is, this behavior doesn't appear when I put the Transform effect on that layer and move the object with Position from this effect, but the Transform effect need to be put AT THE END, after other effects. So I guess it has something to do with effect order. Since I cannot use the Transform Effect in my whole project, because of its flaws when coping with complex composition with many nested layers, I need to find different solution.

Maybe there is a way to set an order so that the layer transform menu "execute after" the effects panel? Or maybe there is other way to deal with that problem? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Dancing pixels - vector graphics
on Jun 20, 2017 at 3:26:08 pm

I don't know if you even have to worry about it. That circle segment has REALLY rough edges. What's a little extra animated roughness?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Albert Kowalski
on Jun 20, 2017 at 3:30:10 pm

Well honestly there's no option it will wiggle like that ☺ I need to make it completly still.

Return to posts index

Philip Neves
on Jun 20, 2017 at 3:37:06 pm

Would precomping the SWF and just that effect help? Within the precomp, it won't move, so it shouldn't flicker.

Return to posts index

Philip Neves
on Jun 20, 2017 at 3:55:51 pm

Just realized you're using Brush Strokes, which I think is animated by default. Maybe that's the problem, not the position. Read up on how to get the effect you want in Brush Strokes while freezing it. This may or may not help.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1114165

Return to posts index

Albert Kowalski
on Jun 20, 2017 at 4:29:08 pm
Last Edited By Albert Kowalski on Jun 20, 2017 at 4:39:20 pm

Precomping doesn't solve the problem. Yes I use Brush Strokes, but it flickers only with sharpen effect too.

I tried the Posterize Time solution from the post you provided and it seems to work! I will make more tests and let you know for sure :) Thanks!

Return to posts index

Albert Kowalski
on Jun 21, 2017 at 4:17:14 pm

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I guess it would if I wouldn't use vector graphics. When I use Continuesly Rasterize mode, the Precomposed layer doesn't move at all. If I choose Collapse Transformations it work, no dancing pixels, but the quality of the vector is bad...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]