FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple text lines sequense

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Glotzbach
Multiple text lines sequense
on Jun 17, 2017 at 12:13:36 pm

Hello all,

Did not use Afx so much the last few years.
I now need to make a sequence of photographed text lines each line being on screen 3 seconds.
They are handwritten on am A4 each paper containing around 13 lines, in total its 163 lines.
I want them to gently come in and somehow dissolve or fly away as in displacement or alike.
Anyone knows the best approach how to do this with the least amount of work on my side?
Looking for examples and or tutorials.

A template would be fine too.

Many thanks, Robert

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Multiple text lines sequence
on Jun 17, 2017 at 3:55:11 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 17, 2017 at 4:11:01 pm

What kind of file do you have to deliver, i.e. its aspect ratio? One single line on the screen sounds like it will leave a lot of open space at the top & bottom.

It also sounds like you'll want to make a standard-sized comp that will work for each individual line of text -- it would accommodate the longest line AND not show the lines above & below it -- i.e. long & skinny.
Each line of text would go into its own comp, and each of these comps would be used like a piece of footage in the main comp.
d
Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert Glotzbach
on Jun 18, 2017 at 7:43:38 am

Thanks a lot dear Dave, very much appreciated ☺

Yes, the text is going to be overlayed on top of a mix of life footage and 3D animation with a aspect ratio of 16:9.
I have the text masked for each line on separate layers and thought to have a layer that I offset for each line that's on the sheet of paper and have all these in a comp that I then use in the final comp.
May I ask why you suggest to have a comp for each line, whats the benefit of that?

Again, many thank.... Robert

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 18, 2017 at 2:01:25 pm

[Robert Glotzbach] "May I ask why you suggest to have a comp for each line, whats the benefit of that?"

Your original description makes it sound like each line of text is animated in & out separately.
But they're not actually separate -- there are several lines on a still, so you have to separate them. You might as well do it right away. By having each line in its own comp, the comps become the lines you animate in & out.

It's an organizational thing. To my way of thinking, it's a lot less confusing to do it that way than to have a lot of duplicated, masked & re-positioned stills in the main comps.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]