FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you drop effects in precise locations and durations on the timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Toti
How do you drop effects in precise locations and durations on the timeline
on Jun 17, 2017 at 1:49:36 am

I have watched your tutorials on You Tube, but can't find info regarding the following:

I recently had about 400 ft. of Super 8mm converted to a digital file. From there, I broke it up into 10 separate mP4 clips containing 10 separate scenes. What I would like to do is pull each clip into AE and drop a preset effect at precise places and durations on the timeline so that I can clean up the footage as I go. I don't want each effect I'm dragging over to uniformly transform the entire clip. For instance, I may just want to use levels to lighten a certain portion of a clip that is dark for several seconds. Also, I am hoping I won’t have to create a separate layer for each effect I want to drop in at a certain position on the timeline. If I have to make 50 color corrections to one of those clips for example, having to make 50 layers would be a bit daunting.
I am new to AE, and look forward to all it can do. I am using CS5, just thought I'd mention it. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Carl

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: How do you drop effects in precise locations and durations on the timeline
on Jun 17, 2017 at 6:15:45 am

You can use keyframes for the parameters: one is at its reset state, the other is at the other state. You can also use an adjustment layer if that suits your workflow. BTW, if its only color correction, you may consider doing this in Premiere rather than after effects. It's more suited to an editing and minor effects adjustment than AE. Especially when dealing with color correction. You can do it in both apps, but in Premiere you will get a better performance and its color correction tools are more suited for this type of work.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]