FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame (8268 x 4654 @ 8 bpc)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kuushi Sakui
Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame (8268 x 4654 @ 8 bpc)
on Jun 15, 2017 at 5:42:56 pm

So i've been using AE for a quite a long time, however, this is the first time i've received such an error. I attempted to render a project over night with the following settings (Best settings, Lossless AVI). [Its also worth noting for almost every project i've done i've always been able to render at these settings fine.] However, I woke up this morning to the message of something by the lines of "Unable to allocate enough ram" or something like that. I checked the error logs and came across the following message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adobe After Effects v13.5 Windows 64 render log for project “-.aep”

Rendering started on -

-: Starting composition “-”.

Output To: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\-.avi

After Effects error: Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame (8268 x 4654 @ 8 bpc). Either decrease the memory requirements for the rendering of this frame, or install more RAM. (12805). For more information, see http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_ae_mem (7 :: 66)
-: Finished composition “-”.

Total Time Elapsed: 5 Min, 28 Sec

Log closed on -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I've crossed out any titles or dates)
(My project was rendered at 1920x1080, I also have about 7GB of usable RAM)

What caught my eye was this: (8268 x 4654 @ 8 bpc).!?!?!? Is it me, or is AE trying to render out of screen objects??. My project involves multiple parts where i use the scale to zoom in on my footage, (300x300+ usually). But I thought AE would only render whats visible in the comp? Shouldnt it just cut out the invisible parts? Or am I mistaken.
Need desperate help. ASAP

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame (8268 x 4654 @ 8 bpc)
on Jun 15, 2017 at 6:21:01 pm

What sort of remedial steps have you already taken? Purge memory & caches? Cleared preferences?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kuushi Sakui
Re: Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame (8268 x 4654 @ 8 bpc)
on Jun 15, 2017 at 6:31:30 pm

I tried turning on CAPS while rendering to keep it from showing the render. I also tried purging ever 2 frames (if thats what you mean) I'm not very good with this video quality stuff.

Return to posts index

Kuushi Sakui
on Jun 15, 2017 at 7:29:37 pm

Ok so I tried purging the memory and whatnot restarted AE and tried to render again, after 27 minutes deadlocked PC... This is really starting to piss me off now, my project is no where near complex and literally only uses 2 adjustment layers and 1 mp4 file (which has scaling animations).

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 15, 2017 at 7:37:38 pm

MP4 files can have the bejeezus compressed out of them, and AE is no big fan of compressed video.

Try transcoding to something like a quicktime in the Photo JPEG codec, and using it instead. You wouldn't have to re-do any work -- import the transcoded file and use the replace footage command.

It's worth a shot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]