FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mocha track and replace screen of different aspect ratio than the comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Magnus
Mocha track and replace screen of different aspect ratio than the comp
on Jun 14, 2017 at 3:16:55 pm

So I'm struggling with a screen track and replace. I've got the track done on a 4:3 ATM screen in Mocha. Using that corner pin data on a comp sized solid though, means the 16:9 solid is skewed and squeezed down into the wrong aspect ratio. How do you accommodate for that? Or what am I doing wrong? I tried using a 4:3 solid to begin with but the corner pin still started from the comp corners, and skewed it just the same.

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
Re: Mocha track and replace screen of different aspect ratio than the comp
on Jun 15, 2017 at 12:25:41 am

If you want it to fit exactly to a certain look, the better way to do it is corner pin your insert first to the screen, and then apply an Aligned Surface track export instead:
  • Apply a manual corner pin to your insert layer in After Effects and place it in the desired position for any frame.
  • On this frame, Precompose the layer and make sure all attributes are inside it.
  • You will now have a precomposed layer that is the same dimensions as the tracked footage.
  • In mocha, go to the same frame in the footage you applied the corner pin to in After Effects and select the track.
  • On this frame, turn on your surface and click “Align Surface” in the Layer Properties panel.
  • You will see the surface fit to the full dimensions of the footage.
  • Export this newly aligned track to After Effects corner pin.
  • Back in After Effects, select the precomposed layer and paste the data.

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]