FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maintain stroke thickness of imported file in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lizzie Green
Maintain stroke thickness of imported file in after effects
on Jun 12, 2017 at 4:27:32 am

Hello,
I am wondering if it is possible to maintain the stroke thickness of a photoshop file imported into After Effects? I am making an animation using After Effects and I have created my background and characters using photoshop. I plan on using a camera in AE to zoom in and out on my characters/background, however I do not want the lines to get thicker when I zoom in (I will be zooming in pretty close). Is there a possible expression which could be applied to a certain property, or some type of setting which I may have overlooked?

I really appreciate anyones help on this issue, as I have been searching for an answer for almost a week.

Thank You! :)

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Maintain stroke thickness of imported file in after effects
on Jun 12, 2017 at 4:24:50 pm

I seriousely hate how the stroke effect changes depending on how zoomed in you are. you could pre compose and then make 3d. or instead of strokes sometimes i will use a drop shadow at 100 opaticty 0 distance, 0 softness..duplicate 5 times and then increase the softness of number 1 only and that gives me a nice hard edge

Return to posts index

Lizzie Green
on Jun 12, 2017 at 10:51:07 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and see how it turns out :)

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jun 13, 2017 at 12:28:48 pm

In one word: Yes ☺

you can if you use a stroke layer style. Since it renders after transformation it will stay constant no matter if scaled or zoomed into with a camera.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]