FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compositing job? AE and C4D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaernon Adrian
Compositing job? AE and C4D
on Jun 10, 2017 at 9:24:22 pm

Hi, this is a frame of the video just so you can kind of get an idea of what I`m trying to achieve.

Now, this was a test so the keying was done quick the color correction was done quick, EVERYTHING was done quick.

The scenario:
The camera is not moving. Planning on creating fake camera movement in post then opened a 3d model of a car in C4D, added a light in front of the car because the actor was also lit from the front only. Rendered the image as a PNG and added the photo in AE, then added the actor, keyed him out, then color corrected and then added two video I took from a real car so it looks like the car is moving.

One of the videos is as you can see set on normal blend mode and the other one is set on multiply to create moving reflections on the car.

My questions:
How can I make this better? I thought about adding a shadow to the car`s seat but dont know how to without it looking fake as hell. Would painting the shadow work?

What other things would YOU add to make this SELL to the audience better?

How can I light parts of my actor with fake lights in post? The "Add a new light" does not work on 2D layers.

Return to posts index

Chaernon Adrian
Re: Compositing job? AE and C4D
on Jun 10, 2017 at 9:27:00 pm

ALSO, how can I get this more night-ish? The original footage is very well lit and I`d like to get it to the point where people would actually believe it`s night time.

Sorry for replying to this but I dont know how to add the original post. Cant seem to find the right option..

Return to posts index

Chaernon Adrian
on Jun 10, 2017 at 9:30:51 pm

Okay this is awful.. I literally have to go to a doctor. I forgot a small detail.

As you can probably see in the screenshot above I had to actually delete the windows the 3d model in AE because the actor was not visible right.

Is there anything I can do in C4D to prevent this without having to delete the windows in AE and then duplicate the car model and adjust the opacity? I`d like to actually keep the windows and just make them more... uhmm idk.. clear I guess.

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Jun 11, 2017 at 4:37:29 pm

BUMP!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on Jun 12, 2017 at 3:47:01 pm

BUMPPPP!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>