FORUMS: list search recent posts

Equally split solid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bodego
Equally split solid
on Jun 9, 2017 at 8:42:30 am

Hello friends, i have a task here i need your help with. I would like to equally split my 1920px solid (width only) into 3 equally sizes. Is there a way to do that other than the obvious way ? thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Equally split solid
on Jun 9, 2017 at 5:55:38 pm

assuming the obvious way is scaling the x-scale 33.33%.... you can change the current solid properties by selecting the solid, and typing command-shift-y or alt-shift-y to bring up the settings. then, for the width type /3 to divide the current width by 3.

duplicate that solid 2 times and you have your 3 equal solids.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Joe Bodego
on Jun 9, 2017 at 6:05:52 pm

Thanks Kevin, i know how to do that but the solid aligns to the middle, i want it to align from the left to right automatically like in illustrator.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 9, 2017 at 8:38:57 pm

ae does have align tools that are like those in photoshop (not quite as good as illustrator)... so you could set the 'align to' option to 'composition' and the click the align left button, select the next layer and click align center, etc. unlike ai, the distribute functions don't distribute over the composition/artboard (i think that is likely a bug...)

depending on what you are doing, you might be able to use a single layer and a repeater...

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]