FORUMS: list search recent posts

After enabling CUDA acceleration, whenever i try to preview a specific comp in my project it is gray or black, and it freezes the whole project with that image.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Mateo
After enabling CUDA acceleration, whenever i try to preview a specific comp in my project it is gray or black, and it freezes the whole project with that image.
on Jun 8, 2017 at 3:57:06 pm

Hello guys.

Im new to creative cow but after coming here a lot as an unregistered user, i decided to come here and ask about this problem that is making my head hurt.

Now, after i bought a new rig and started messing around with it, i figured that i hadn't enabled CUDA acceleration yet. After i enabled it, there was a composition specifically that just greyed out completely.

Pardon the weird names of the elements of the project.

As you can see in this image, the whole composition just greyed out and if i try to preview it freezes.

The other compositions in this project work fine and without any issues. But if you try to preview this 'gray comp' it will spread the gray-ness to the other comps and the only solution is to close the AE and re open. When this happens the image turns gray or black, and it stops running through time, it just freezes but AE doesnt crash.

What i've tried:
Clearing up the cache.
Updating drivers for my 1060.
Going back and unabling CUDA, same result.

My rig:

i7-7700k 4.2GHZ
16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram
GeForce 1060 6gb

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: After enabling CUDA acceleration, whenever i try to preview a specific comp in my project it is gray or black, and it freezes the whole project with that image.
on Jun 8, 2017 at 6:22:49 pm

When you talk about enabling CUDA, where are you doing this? Which renderer is your composition set to use? What effects are in your composition?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Mateo
Re: After enabling CUDA acceleration, whenever i try to preview a specific comp in my project it is gray or black, and it freezes the whole project with that image.
on Jun 8, 2017 at 6:47:14 pm

Now i see i didn't actually provide enough information about what i did, sorry.

What i did was going into:

Edit > Preferences > Previews > Preferences > Then going into GPU Information and enabling the use of the GPU to ray-trace.

There are a lot of effects in that composition, as its pretty heavy. The heavier ones that i can recall are plexus, and trapcode particular.

Renderer is classic 3D.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 8, 2017 at 6:58:46 pm

If you enabled unsupported cards to accelerate the ray-traced renderer, but you're using the classic renderer, then the GPU-enabling and your current problem are unrelated. The settings for the ray-traced renderer only apply when you're using the ray-traced renderer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]