FORUMS: list search recent posts

turning page

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
loi tran
turning page
on Jun 7, 2017 at 4:12:12 am

Hi guys, I've just watched this video

I really don't know how to make the pages turn like that. I mean the curves, the pages do blend themself. Can someone show me how to do it, please?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: turning page
on Jun 7, 2017 at 8:29:06 am

You need to use AE's own 3d space and bend the pages in 3d, then build the pop-up part on top of that.
You could also use C4D to do it.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

loi tran
on Jun 8, 2017 at 10:11:03 am

yep, i tried to bend it in 3D but i found that i need freeform plugin. By the way, i've just downloaded this template and found out that they used video footage for the book part. Kinda sad haha

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 7, 2017 at 9:45:51 pm

That is a really clever template. You could just pay the $36 and see how they did it. 😉

There are things that are pre-rendered (like the book cover) and then you have the pages which are a clever mix of 3d geometry (the pages) with AE's 2.5 objects (the characters). This took a lot of work to put together.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

loi tran
on Jun 8, 2017 at 10:12:06 am

I've just downloaded this template and found out that they used video footage for the book part. That makes me speechless. It's clever anyway haha

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jun 8, 2017 at 3:45:34 pm

The description of the template tells you that the book part is 3d pre-rendered. Like I said, I think it's a very clever way of mixing 3d and 2.5d. I mean, there are several parts where things intersect in a weird way, but if people aren't looking for it, it's probably fine.

You can actually bend layers in 3d in AE without FreeForm if you use the ray-traced renderer or (I think) the C4D renderer instead of the Classic Renderer. Be prepared for your render times to get worse though! And you don't have as much control as you do with FreeForm.

Also, don't forget, if you have After Effects CC, you also have a Lite version of Cinema 4D included for free!

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]