FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wave Warp effect question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Pierson
Wave Warp effect question
on Jun 6, 2017 at 2:27:52 pm

Hello,

I want to create a wave/ripple effect on a capital 'O' to give the impression the 'O' is hungry and just its belly is rumbling. Using the wave warp effect in after effects achieves the ripple/wave motion I'd like, however playing with the wave width/height/ and all the pinnings I can't seem to effect just the mid section of the 'O', it warps both the top and the bottom and bends it all out of shape.

I've also tried making an adjustment layer, applying this over the top of the 'O' and then masking the adjustment layer to just the 'O's mid section/belly, but the effect causes a obvious break in the 'O' where the mask is, the ripple needs to connect seamlessly to the top and bottom of the 'O'.

Is there another approach/plugin anyone can think of?

Many thanks,
J

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Wave Warp effect question
on Jun 6, 2017 at 2:51:02 pm

Try animating the Bulge or Spherize effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Pierson
on Jun 6, 2017 at 4:20:39 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. Unfortunately I can't seem to get either bulge or Spherize to give me the nice wave rumble look that I'm after. If only wave warp had a setting where you could define the section which is effected. I don't suppose you know if C4D lite has a deformer that would give a similar effect? If not its ok, always have the back up of going the frame by frame route.

Many thanks,
J

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Jun 6, 2017 at 4:23:39 pm

try this:
fill the middle of the O so it is solid and then use a track matte to cut a new hole in it.
then apply wave warp to the track matte.

to remove the center, you might try converting the text to shapes. then twirl down the contents to find the O and hide the center shape. then you can duplicate that layer, and hide everything except the center of the O and use that as the track matte....

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]