FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tips for removing cold weather breathing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Sneed
Tips for removing cold weather breathing?
on Jun 3, 2017 at 9:05:23 pm

I have some footage that takes place in the summer but we had to reshoot during the winter and there's a few moments where you can see the breath. Anyone know a good approach to removing it?

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
Re: Tips for removing cold weather breathing?
on Jun 4, 2017 at 3:46:27 pm

Depending on the lighting and angles, completely removing it might be a problem.

Think of it as a fog or a haze and use techniques to minimize that: So reducing contrast, crushing the black-levels, etc might work. There is a "de-haze" function in Photoshop that might also reduce it.

Or maybe you could try to think of it as noise and use one of the noise reduction tools to reduce it.

Be sure to correct for the difference in natural lighting in winter months,. Sunlight tends to appear more blue. Shadows can look very cold.

Jim

Return to posts index

Anthony Sneed
on Jun 4, 2017 at 5:59:45 pm

I wasn't sure if there was a quick workaround or not but I'll simply cut a clean plate of the background and fix it that way I guess.

Return to posts index

Steve Ford
on Jun 5, 2017 at 1:24:27 pm

If you ever find yourself in this position again, ice cubes are your friend. Have the actors suck on them before each take and it will cut back on the visible breath.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]