FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change green screen spill color/generate spill map

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Waflik
Change green screen spill color/generate spill map
on Jun 3, 2017 at 2:41:16 pm

Hi! I have a shot of an object in front of a green screen, and I want to change green screen's color and green spill on the object to say pink. Hue/Saturation and keying gave poor results here so I used Ae's native effect "Advanced spill suppression" and it did just what I needed, except it changed green to gray.
Any way to change green to some other color the same way? Like "Spill Slayer" plugin does I don't have money for. Something tells me a spill map can be generated from the footage with a "Advanced spill suppression" effect applied.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Change green screen spill color/generate spill map
on Jun 3, 2017 at 3:14:51 pm

I'm pretty sure you can change the color of the suppression from gray to something else.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Change green screen spill color/generate spill map
on Jun 3, 2017 at 3:54:24 pm

There are several different ways of creating a spillmap for green screens, but the simplest way is just to subtract the red channel from the green channel.

How you do this is up to you, but you could use the Set Channels filter to set an instance of your footage to all Green with Full Alpha, the set another instance to all Red with Full Alpha. Set the Blend Mode of the upper Red layer to Subtract and you have your basic spillmap.

Again there are a lot of different ways you can go on to use it.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]