FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Doesn't Render Properly No Matter What I Try

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Hunt
After Effects Doesn't Render Properly No Matter What I Try
on Jun 3, 2017 at 6:46:01 am

I'm going to try to lay out my problem as simply as I can, because it's honestly ridiculous I even have to post about this. Adobe After Effects' rendering is AWFUL. I have a 30 minute audio podcast I'm putting into video form, and unless I render it in lossless form, it won't render. A 30 minute video as a lossless AVI file is WAY too big in my opinion, and I would really rather not have to worry about my computer being eaten up by this 100GB+ file that can easily be compressed to less than 700 mb.

First of all - MPEG4 is out of the picture. It just resizes the video and almost all quality is lost. (Audio quality seems great though.)

And H.264 is GREAT! It's everything I want! However for some messed up reason, every time I render to H.264, the video is TREMENDOUSLY offset. What I mean is, when I render to H.264 format, the output file just cuts off the entire first few minutes of the video. I have no idea why it's so hard to render from this program, and I'm sick of it.

Can someone please tell me how to fix the H.264 problem. I'd really like to render my entire video and not just some of it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects Doesn't Render Properly No Matter What I Try
on Jun 3, 2017 at 3:30:35 pm

First -- NO COMPRESSED AUDIO! AE does NOT like it.
I'll guess you don't really need the audio to time out your animation. BUT -- as long as it's uncompressed you can include it in your animation.

Use Adobe Media Encoder to export fom AE. MP4/H.264. Make sure you use standard horizontal & vertical dimensions or things will look screwy.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]