FORUMS: list search recent posts

after effects render resolution settings with media encoder

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nancy Sepe
after effects render resolution settings with media encoder
on Jun 2, 2017 at 2:02:33 am

I have a set of questions (the answers to which might be super obvious) for which I can't find a clear explanation online:

- Before I output my After Effects comps, I always change the resolution to "full" (since it's always on something lower for working + scrubbing through etc). Is this necessary when using Media Encoder for output?

- If the answer to the above is "yes", then is it also necessary to have all of the nested comps' resolutions also set at "full"? Which would mean that I'd need to go through and check all of the resolutions of all the nested comps, and the nested/nested comps etc — which can get pretty hairy with a big sloppy AE project.

Thanks ☺ I can't wait to find out the answer...

Nancy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: after effects render resolution settings with media encoder
on Jun 2, 2017 at 5:35:18 am

Actually, you can keep the resolution for all those nested comps at full while you work in the main comp some other resolution. You'll be fine. it won't slow you down.

Now, it doesn't hurt to put the main comp resolution to full before you save & use AME. There's some weird thing in recent versions of AE that uses the current resolution -- never mind that your render settings say to use full resolution. I think they've fixed it, but I don't know for sure so I don't take that chance.

I guess I'm as much in the dark as you are.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nancy Sepe
on Jun 2, 2017 at 11:34:46 pm

Thank you very much for the explanation, and the advice to err on full resolution when rendering.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Jun 3, 2017 at 8:35:43 am

1. No
2. No
Just make sure you Ae version is updated to the latest update of your release (2015,2015.3,2017)

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Nancy Sepe
on Jun 3, 2017 at 11:53:32 pm

Okay, cool ☺
Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved