FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animation of rotating structure in 2D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claris Delgado
Animation of rotating structure in 2D
on Jun 1, 2017 at 11:55:50 am

Hi guys,

I am trying to animate this molecular structure that looks a bit like a mushroom - it is rotating (and it is not 100 percent symmetrical). I have made all key conformational states in Illustrator - those are 6, and then the rotation repeats. However, I do not know how to generate the in-betweens non-manually.
For the path morphing the shapes are too complex, and the fill is actually a mesh gradient, so this is not a good option. For tha mesh warp / puppet tool - maybe is possible, but will require a lot of work, and besides, there is a little structure close to the bottom that rotates and disappears behind - it makes everything even more difficult.
Isn't there any way that AE can generate some inbetween frames based on pixel approximation? I even tried the "Reshape effect" with the masks, but it does not work with this shape...
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Animation of rotating structure in 2D
on Jun 1, 2017 at 4:39:32 pm

To pull this off, you're pretty much locked into traditional cel animation. AE won't be able to generate the in-betweens for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Claris Delgado
Re: Animation of rotating structure in 2D
on Jun 2, 2017 at 8:01:56 am

Thank you, that's what I suspected, just wanted to be sure I have not forgotten some other workarounds!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]