FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change color of text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
Change color of text
on Jun 1, 2017 at 11:03:40 am

I have some red text on a pure white background (this is probably important). I need to use an adjustment layer to change it. I need to go from the lighter D70000 to the darker C10000. I can do it with the Change to Color effect, but the problem is that the transition pixels around the edges are not changing, so it still looks a bit too bright sometimes. How can I set the Change to Color settings so that it looks just like it would if the text started as C10000? The other colors are few and far enough away in color space that I'm not too worried about changing them.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Change color of text
on Jun 1, 2017 at 12:51:58 pm

Why not apply the change color directly on the text layer? Or if the text is already rendered on the white background, use that as a track matte (luminance) on a colored solid to separate the text and then apply Hue/Saturation on that solid layer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Jun 1, 2017 at 1:13:58 pm

Thanks Ted.
1) The text is effectively already rendered. There is a lot of it.
2) I don't understand your solution because it's above my pay grade. But I'm willing to learn!
3) I need to just be able to pull it from an animation preset and slap it on an adjustment layer or something equally simple because the process has to be repeated many times. Does your solution fit that description?
4) I'll read up on your solution while I await your reply.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jerry Smith
on Jun 1, 2017 at 1:17:58 pm

There is more than one white background. I really need to do something fancy with colors I think. I've been experimenting and trial and error tells me it is possible. Maybe I'll need two adjustment layers. Something like that. It's just a few pixels aren't that have a hue that deviates from 0 at the edges of the font. Brightness could be controlled a bit also.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Jun 1, 2017 at 6:21:27 pm

in the change to color use the setting transform to color then play with the settings

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]