FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMAZING video. How to do these things?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
AMAZING video. How to do these things?
on May 30, 2017 at 5:45:13 pm

There is a lot and I mean A LOT going on in the video, obviously I do not expect you to analyze and explain to me everything happening BUT I`d like to know how he did the burning skeleton scene where the skeleton burns and then he suddenly appears starting at 00:04 and ends at aprox 00:06 where Travis appears. I am enjoying the transition between the burning skeleton and him and I would like to know how he did that transition.

AND the final one and this one I`m dying to know how its done because I know for sure its a lot easier than the first one. At 00:46 to around 00:47 ~ 00:48 there`s a sequence where it seems as "stuttering" between scenes, like a fast forward but with cuts between clips kind of like 3 clips cut out extremely close to each other, but you can tell it`s something more there, to make the transition a lot smoother, hope this makes sense.

ALSO, as usual if you have any kind of video tutorial I could maybe watch on the last effect or maybe both, it would HELP a lot!

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: AMAZING video. How to do these things?
on May 30, 2017 at 9:27:07 pm

The skeleton part requires knowlage in 3d modelling, camera and pose matching, dynamics, lightning, rendering and a lot of understanding of fumeFx (or similar plugin). With that done the artist just faded in by parts the next footage over the rest.

The second part involves sequencial cuts with lot of light leaks, exposures, noises, blurs and color corretion and two subject poses that end up matching into the final shot.

If you break it down into any of those sub categories maybe we can expand the explanation.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Adrian Chircu
on May 30, 2017 at 9:41:00 pm

I dont really care about the blur, the color corr. or the noises. I`d like you to explain to me if you`d be so nice those "sequencial cuts" and the "two subject poses that end up matching into the final shot".

I`m also quite intrigued by the "light leaks" thing. I guess I know what you`re talking about but at the same time I feel like I have the wrong idea in my head of what you ACTUALLY mean by that.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 31, 2017 at 12:46:50 pm

They have a take that in which the singer eventualy ends up in a similar pose of a second take. Thats one part of that effect. When they cut to the second take all but the subject changes.

In this first take, they kept cutting parts of it to make into that "smooth" sequencial clips that you see. That with a bunch of colors and effects on top make the whole thing. There is some time warp effect that creates the ghosting too.

Light leaks were used exhaustively during the video. If you search for light leaks footage you'll understand what I meant. (perhaps some originated from the scenery lights).

My point is: Theres a bunch of stuff going on. When you asked how the skeleton effect is created... there's no way anyway would be able to help you with that. You have to really break it down to its smallest parts like "how to rig a skeleton arm?" for example.

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 31, 2017 at 1:05:17 pm

They have a take that in which the singer eventualy ends up in a similar pose of a second take. Thats one part of that effect. When they cut to the second take all but the subject changes.

In this first take, they kept cutting parts of it to make into that "smooth" sequencial clips that you see. That with a bunch of colors and effects on top make it happen. There is some time warp effect that creates the ghosting too.

Light leaks were used exhaustively during the video. If you search for light leaks footage you'll understand what I meant. (perhaps some originated from the scenery lights). They made fast edits on those.

They also worked a lot with exposure, turning it up everytime they got a beat. And on a final though maybe the light leaks are just parts of other takes added(blend mode) on top and not light leaks footage by itself. (sometimes it looks like tree branches)

My point is: Theres a bunch of stuff going on (i know you know that). But when you asked how the skeleton effect is created... there's no way anyway would be able to help you with that. You have to really break it down to its smallest parts like "how to rig a skeleton arm?" for example. Or how to get that greenish high key look...and such

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 31, 2017 at 1:06:02 pm

And sorry about the double post I was trying to be more clear.

Cassius Marques

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]