FORUMS: list search recent posts

The 3D Camera Track From Hell

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Verb
The 3D Camera Track From Hell
on May 30, 2017 at 12:01:13 pm

I'm working with an image sequence animation from Maya and attempting to insert a very simple smokey, fog background in the alpha channel. The shot itself is lengthy (10 secs) and the camera pan follows a character walking from left to right. I've tried multiple tracking techniques and plugins (Foundry, FayIn, PFTrack) and my lack of experience are causing what feels like a simple solve into a lengthy battle.

I understand the character in the foreground could be messing up the track so I rotoscoped her out but still get a series of various tracking issues. These range from 'unable to solve camera for this frame', 'Analysis solve failed' to just lousy shaky tracks.

Would truly appreciate any pearls of wisdom or lending hands you guys can offer

I've attached a picture of the background I'm using and link to exported .mov of the clip below. If anything else is required please do let me know

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p16t0ttwwijmrbv/Nightmare%20Track.mov?dl=0

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: The 3D Camera Track From Hell
on May 30, 2017 at 4:38:51 pm

Lol...DAZ..so your problem is that the camera does a 180 and you would need a spherical object and a camera...maybe you could put smoke into a cc sphere or an element 3d enviroment and rotate manualll or track it

Return to posts index

Gary Verb
on May 30, 2017 at 5:18:20 pm

Thanks man will give it a shot...what's DAZ?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on May 30, 2017 at 6:24:30 pm

oh well I guess not DAZ. Pre built human characters for sale...She looks like this one character i saw on there a long time ago...So she looks good...is compliment.lol

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on May 30, 2017 at 9:16:31 pm

perhaps this is a stupid question but as a C4D user I gota ask. Why can't you import maya's camera into AE?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Gary Verb
on May 30, 2017 at 11:52:34 pm

Mate, after your suggestion I did some looking into that possibility and sure enough maya and ae have a linking script...You may of just saved my life!

Much appreciated to all suggestions

Return to posts index

Gary Verb
on May 31, 2017 at 12:23:11 am

Another real quick stupid question while I've got talent in this post. The fog bg I'm using is just over 3k so when the camera pans round the bg goes out of shot. I tried scaling it in an 8k precomp but the same happens.

Is there a way to stitch the bg footage together to cover the entire virtual camera pan? I attempted a manual stitch but you can see the seams of the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]