FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with very wide png files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Wurtske
Working with very wide png files
on May 29, 2017 at 11:01:18 pm

Hey,

I want to check out if a measuring device works as expected. For this I recorded a two hour video with my webcam and simultaneously recorded the output values of the device and exported them as csv. I plotted the csv file in "R" as a png file. This png file is now 190812 x 250 x 8 BPP big.

I now try to load this large png file in AE and then create two new position keyframes, one at the beginning and one at the end, so the png picture will slowly fade from left to right trough the 2 hours video. This way I can watch if the measuring devices measures as excepted.

Unfortunately AE is only capable of importing 30.000 x 30.000 png files. (which are 900 MP, my files are "only" 47 MP) One way is now to split the large pngs files to maximum 30.000px but I have a lot of png files and a lot of videos, this would cost weeks...

Does anyone here have experience with large png files? Is maybe another program more suitable for my problem? Or is there a way to outsmart AE?

Thanks in advance,
Max

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Working with very wide png files
on May 30, 2017 at 5:28:20 pm

you could take the PNG into photoshop, choose image>image size... and set the width to 30,000 px. then choose view>pixel aspect ratio>custom pixel aspect ratio and set that to 6.3604 (190812/30000). save that off and import into ae. ae should keep that pixels aspect ratio and treat the 30,000 px wide image as 190,812 px wide.

obviously, scaling an image to that degree will likely have considerable loss of detail, so depending on what's in your PNG, this may not be an option.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]