FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text sketch on reveal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Ball
Text sketch on reveal
on May 28, 2017 at 8:01:50 pm

hello!

I've been requested by a client to recreate the text animation featured in this video:

So the text basically 'sketches' on with a jerky stop motion type feel. I've been provided vectors of the text outline (which I've animated to 'write on') and an additional fill vector that I need to reveal.

I've been fiddling around with the scribble animation setting and the 'paint on' preset but haven't been able to find the correct setting. I'm assuming that one simple solution would be to keyframe a mask reveal, but there are approximately 60 different shots to animate so it would be a time saver to find a quick setting. My gut says this is simple and I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Text sketch on reveal
on May 29, 2017 at 12:34:42 pm

You can try using a Matte Choker (using the fill layer as it's own mask) and animate the choke in steps to get the feeling that you're after. A more complex way of doing it is to use the Matte choker and create 3 separate fill layers (thin lines fill, medium and then full) and the use a simple transition wipe on each layer to gradually fill in the letters.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Simon Ball
Re: Text sketch on reveal
on May 31, 2017 at 5:29:07 pm

Great thanks - was able to adapt this technique into something the client was happy with.

Thanks so much for taking the time out to answer !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]