FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE CC 14.2 very long save times

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesus Suarez
AE CC 14.2 very long save times
on May 24, 2017 at 2:30:37 pm

Hey everyone,

I have read other threads, posted on the Adobe forums and I have yet to find an answer. Here are the facts:

*My project does not have any Rotobrush or Warp effects.
*Project file size is 3MB. Another file that's doing the same thing is only 4MB.
*Working off a high-speed network at the office. We pull assets from here and save in here as well. (NAS)
*Disk cache is set to my local SSD. (Haven't erased the cache yet though)
*I've deleted AE preferences and still getting long save times.
*Auto-save and Save features hang on 0% for a while (more than 7 seconds) and then immediately go away and Save is done. There's no progress bar.
*Working with Targa and PNG Sequences mostly.
*This specific project is 16bit, but others are 32bit and even 8bit and still taking a long time to save.
* Running latest version of After Effects CC 14.2. I updated to see if the problems went away, but still the same.

This started just a couple of days ago. It's been saving fast, specially autosaves, but right now every autosave (every 10min) takes almost 30 seconds and we all know how annoying that is for workflow.

My system:
Intel i7-6950X 3.00GHz
32GB RAM
2x GTX 1080 Tis
Windows 10 Home (version 1703)

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: AE CC 14.2 very long save times
on May 24, 2017 at 4:09:17 pm

and how many autosaves does it have. Did you ever play skyrim...The more saves you had the longer it took to save and load. This might help. And erasing the cache "might" help. and if not try changing your save to location

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]