FORUMS: list search recent posts

circle animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Rivera
circle animation
on May 22, 2017 at 11:49:48 pm

Hi, first time in the forum, i'm hoping someone can help me or give me some advice. I'm trying to recreate the animation you see here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRG5LuLFuHP/ using after effects (not sure what software was used to make it), and this is as close as i could get: https://www.behance.net/gallery/52966025/circles-temp

I made it using semicircles and rotating the Y axis in 3d space, i precomposed them and then used a track matte for the beginning and end transitions, but my main issue is that when the semicircles rotate towards the center the lines get thiner unlike the animation in the link i posted first, so i was wondering if someone maybe has an idea as to how it was done. Hope that makes sense, thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: circle animation
on May 23, 2017 at 6:39:09 am

Same principle but using a 3d ring - this will allow you to play with thickness. You can use Element3D or ShapeShifter AE or Zaxwerks Invigorator or C4D for this.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on May 24, 2017 at 4:07:29 am

Hi Chris, you can get something similar by using shape lines on a black solid in an equirectangular (2x1) precomp. Add the CC Sphere effect (Shading: Ambient 100), keyframe the Y rotation. Make another equirectangular precomp which is half white and half black vertically. In your main comp place it below the first - add the CC sphere (Shading: Ambient 100), increase its radius so it's slightly larger than the first and keyframe its Y rotation. I have a sample file I can upload, if someone can explain to me how to do it - I've looked at the File Upload Button but it's unclear what it requires: Title?!

Return to posts index

Chris Rivera
on May 25, 2017 at 11:08:46 pm

Hi Greg, thank you very much for your answer, don't know how to upload buttons but i think i get what you're saying and i'll try it as well to see if i can make it work. Again thank you very much for taking the time to give me some advice, really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Chris Rivera
on May 25, 2017 at 11:03:19 pm

Hi Tudor, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my post, really appreciate it, i'll try to do the same using element3D, don't really have a lot of knowledge using it but i'll try. Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

Chris Rivera
on May 30, 2017 at 8:36:23 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to post a follow up, i ended up extruding the semicircles using the ray trace 3D renderer and basically doing the same process, the result is on the second video: https://www.behance.net/gallery/52966025/circles-temp

I think it looks good, would love to hear your thoughts if you have the time. Thank you very much for your advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]